Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful 2010

This Thanksgiving day2010, I am thankful that:
  • My family is healthy and happy (happy most the time anyway)
  • My husband is so patient, loving, understanding and forgiving. He is surely my better half.
  • My husband loves his job and gets to work from home.
  • My son is so creative and makes me smile... and never holds a grudge :)
  • My son is doing well in Kindergarten, has a great teacher and is having fun learning.
  • I am still sober.
  • God led me to a new therapist that diagnosed me with ADD.
  • An awesome scientist created Adderall.
  • My gall bladder is GONE!
  • My new dentist isn't a thief and I don't have 9 cavities as the liar dentist told me. Thank you Dr. Jason Zimmerman (new friend and pediatric dentist) for referring me to the most honest dentist I have ever met, Dr. Dan Hong, Precinct Line Dentistry, NRH
  • God placed me with a wonderful Bible Study small group... Mary, Beverly, Cindy, Davonna, Earline, & Cathy - I will miss you while we are on break!
  • I lost some old friends but learned some very hard but valuable lessons from it.
  • I gained some amazing new friends... Suzi B., Cindy Midkiff, Stephanie C.
  • I am getting to know some new ladies I really like... Cindy Maxwell, Karin S., Jamie W.
  • I am fully committed to one church home, Peace Lutheran, Hurst!!!
  • Dustin and Kellie are still my friends.
  • My friend Suzi is the kind of friend I can tell anything to and know she is gonna love me anyway.
  • God allowed me to help Celebrate Recovery at COH get started!
  • My new pound puppy, Goldie, is a total joy and not a big pain in the butt!
  • We found Man's Best Friend NRH to help us train our dog correctly.
  • I still have a wonderful sponsor who is always there for me (hugs and kisses to you).
  • The "Heart Smart" retreat was such a success! And through the planning, Stephanie showed me true friendship and how taking friendship slowly really pays off. Thank you Stephanie!!!
  • That Heather came back from Cambodia and is healthy, happy and engaged to Richie.
  • My husband supports my weekend retreats away from the world!
  • With my hubby by my side, I caught my first fish in Florida... Surf Fishing!
  • Brett and I had a super fun summer together... swimming, crafts, bass pro fun camp, my mom visited (very thankful for that), Lido, Dallas Aquarium, play doh, playing restaurant and zoo keeper... just to name a few.
  • My hubby had the skills, patience and desire to fix several broken things on his own... sprinkler system, car window motor, washing machine... just to name a few.
  • We had a wonderful camping trip to Devil's Den State Park.
  • I have wonderful, caring In-Law's.
  • Vanessa moved to Texas (and I am super proud of all her progress and growth)
  • Marissa and I didn't drown at the Water Gardens! And that she came to visit and we had a great time together... I love you Marissa!!!
  • We are going to be in Virginia with my parents at Christmas!!! I haven't seen my dad all year and I will get to see my sister and her family too!
  • Facebook allows me to keep up with my sister and her family (I love you Kristi, Brian, Alyssa and Reiley).
  • Facebook reconnected me with two wonderful people from high school... Jennie and Stephanie.
  • Jennie calls me every time she chops an onion.
  • That attending my high school reunion is not required by law.
  • We have the best babysitter in the world for my son... Rachael is awesome!
  • There is at least one flavor of gluten free and preservative free crackers I like.
  • I have kicked my caffeine addiction completely and have learned to love water.
  • I finally broke down and got a smartphone! I'm not obsessed with the computer anymore 'cause its at my fingertips.
  • We were invited to spend Thanksgiving with some wonderful people (thank you SO much Jamie)... and I only have to make mashed potatoes and pie :)
  • God shows up even when I don't.
  • God loves me enough to want to show me that all I have to be is me, nothing else needed. I'm fighting it... but I'm trying.
  • Jesus lived and died for me.
And to think with all the ups and downs this year I was worried it would be one of the worst ever... its turned out to be one of the best! An attitude of gratitude truly does pay off.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment